|Do you have a valid Voter Photo ID?|
All voters must present an ID, meeting the requirements below, containing the voter’s name and photograph, whether voting early or on Election Day.
Any of the following IDs may be used, even if expired:
• Tennessee driver license with your photo
What forms of photo ID are NOT acceptable?
• College student photo IDs
Who is exempt?
• Voters who vote absentee by mail (view requirements at http://www.tn.gov/sos/election/bymail.htm)
What if I do not bring a photo ID to the polling place?
• If you do not bring a photo ID, you will vote a provisional ballot.
What if I do not have a photo ID?
• You may obtain a free photo ID to vote from the Department of Safety and Homeland Security at a driver service center. You will need proof of citizenship (such as a birth certificate), two proofs of Tennessee residency (such as a voter registration card, utility bill, vehicle registration/title, or bank statement), and if your name differs from that on your primary ID, proof of the changed name (such as certified marriage certificate, divorce decree, certified court order, etc.).
Where can I find out more information?
• Call or visit your county election commission, or
Please notify your county election commission if your address changes.
Updated April 2013